Business Development Manager [Dutch]
Netherlands, Noord-Holland, AmsterdamGrowth
If you eat out in the Netherlands you’ve likely used our software without even knowing it. We are so proud of our success in the Netherlands though there is still a lot to gain.
This role requires you to activate your networking skills and convince local restaurateurs to commence working with our solution. You’ll need a high dose of energy and determination to be successful in this role. This is a new business role, bringing onboard new clients and creating strategy for prospecting and growth in the Netherlands.
If this sounds like something you’d like to be a part of, read on!
Formitable and your future team
We are a bonded group of food enthusiasts, design fanatics, tech fans, and creative thinkers that try to challenge the status quo in the restaurant industry daily. We hope to do this while inspiring restaurateurs to take their restaurants’ experience to the next level and in their own hands. It’s not about where you come from or what beliefs you bring with you. It’s about sharing the same values and aligning with our vision, mission, and purpose. Together we push towards a brighter future for the restaurant industry.
We come from all corners of the globe (17 nationalities) and embrace our differences to build a strong company culture of openness and acceptance.
This role sits within our sales team, managed by our Head of Sales, Chris van de Graaf. We work in country pods consisting of Business Development Managers and Inbound Sales Representatives. BDM’s are based in HQ and they manage all outbound deals; from the first call to deal made. Our Inbound team are based in HQ and manage all inbound requests from first contact right through to go live.
The impact you’ll have
Our goal is to become the #1 growth platform for Restaurants. We believe that restaurants have become lifestyle brands, and with forward-thinking digital products, restauranteurs will create the same perfect experience online as they already do offline, resulting in a more valuable, loyalty-led business.
- Building a thriving sales pipeline and contribute to the growth of Formitable in The Netherlands.
- Executing and creating the sales priorities and activities for the region, including direct prospecting & communicating needs to marketing.
- Maintaining a good idea about what is going on in the market and adapting your approach to the ever-evolving world of restaurants.
- Researching and strategising ways to gain ground over our competition. Our strategy is to showcase to restaurateurs the benefits of our solution and encourage them to use a system that allows them to build their online brand to grow loyal, returning fans - and not only simply manage reservations
- You take a strategic approach to sales, where you correctly prioritise and are efficient with your work
- You are comfortable challenging people's way of thinking, you like to debate and spar with colleagues and clients
- You have solid sales skills with a proven track record of business development success
- You have a high dose of energy and strong commercial skills
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and believe in creating opportunities with hospitality groups and key players
- A motivated attitude with a strong desire to learn, grow and succeed
- You are a native Dutch speaker and have an exceptional command of the English language
What we offer
- A bright office in Amsterdam's Jordaan district, with a sun-drenched roof terrace and our own bar & restaurant
- Daily restaurant-worthy lunches from our in house chef Roel Paping
- 30 vacation days and 25 days working remotely
- 20 unpaid leave days
- A hybrid work environment
- All the tools you need to be a high performer plus a €3000 annual training budget
- An annual restaurant budget and monthly well-being budget
- A free food tattoo of your choice
- A Swapfiets to bike around Amsterdam or commuting allowance
We are an equal opportunity company and we are committed to building a diverse team that feels welcome in our workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, nationality, sexual orientation, gender, age, mental or physical ability, or any which way you represent yourself. We strongly believe diversity makes for more successful teams.