Business Development Manager [Swedish] - HQ
Netherlands, Noord-Holland, AmsterdamGrowth
Following our success in the Netherlands, we’re stepping on the gas in four cities in Western Europe - Copenhagen, Stockholm, Berlin and Antwerp. An incredibly important part of our growth is creating personal connections (in their language) with local Restaurateurs.
You’ll work closely with a Customer Success Manager and another BDM in the Swedish country pod.
This role requires you to activate your networking skills and convince local Restaurateurs to commence working with our solution. By using your networking skills effectively, you’ll also grow your portfolio through referral selling. You’ll need a high dose of energy and determination to be successful in this role. This is a new business role, bringing onboard new clients and creating strategy for launching and growing this market. This role will have an international focus, targeting prospects in the Stockholm region.
If this sounds like something you’d like to be a part of, read on!
Formitable and your future team
We are a bonded group of food enthusiasts, design fanatics, tech fans, and creative thinkers that try to challenge the status quo in the restaurant industry daily. We hope to do this while inspiring restaurateurs to take their restaurants’ experience to the next level and in their own hands. It’s not about where you come from or what beliefs you bring with you. It’s about sharing the same values and aligning with our vision, mission, and purpose. Together we push towards a brighter future for the restaurant industry.
We come from all corners of the globe (15 nationalities) and embrace our differences to build a strong company culture of openness and acceptance.
This role sits within our sales team, managed by our Head of Sales, Chris van de Graaf. We work in country pods consisting of Business Development Managers and Customer Success Managers. BDM’s are based in both HQ and in-country (our boots on the ground); they manage all outbound deals; from the first call to deal made. CSMs are based in HQ and take over the onboarding process along with client retention and upsell when a restaurant chooses to work with Formitable.
We have additional support from our Inbound team. They take care of all inbound sales inquiries and manage the onboarding process for these restaurants.
The impact you’ll have
Our goal is to become the #1 growth platform for Restaurants. We believe that restaurants have become lifestyle brands, and with forward-thinking digital products, restauranteurs will create the same perfect experience online as they already do offline, resulting in a more valuable, loyalty-led business.
Year Team Goals
- Sign our target 25 “Most Wanted” Restaurants in each target city
- Become dominant in our target cities, and help further expand our success in the rest of these countries (Antwerp, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen)
- Building a thriving sales pipeline and having overall responsibility for the growth of Formitable in Stockholm.
- Executing and creating the sales priorities and activities for the region, including direct prospecting & communicating needs to marketing.
- Maintaining a good idea about what is going on in the market and adapting your approach to the ever-evolving world of restaurants.
- Researching and strategising ways to gain ground over our competition. Our strategy is to showcase to restaurateurs the benefits of our solution and encourage them to use a system that allows them to build their online brand to grow loyal, returning fans instead of simply managing reservations.
Who you are
- You take a strategic approach to sales, where you correctly prioritise and are efficient with your work
- You are comfortable challenging people's way of thinking, you like to debate and spar with colleagues and clients
- You have extensive sales skills with a proven track record of business development success
- You have a high dose of energy and strong commercial skills
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and believe in creating opportunities with hospitality groups and key players
- A motivated attitude with a strong desire to learn, grow and succeed
- You are a native Swedish speaker
What we offer
- A bright office in Amsterdam's Jordaan district, with a sun-drenched roof terrace and our own bar & restaurant
- Daily restaurant-worthy lunches from our in house chef Roel Paping
- 30 vacation days and 25 days working remotely
- 20 unpaid leave days
- A hybrid work environment
- All the tools you need to be a high performer plus a €3000 annual training budget
- An annual restaurant budget and monthly well-being budget
- A free food tattoo of your choice
- A Swapfiets to bike around Amsterdam or commuting allowance
We are an equal opportunity company and we are committed to building a diverse team that feels welcome in our workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, nationality, sexual orientation, gender, age, mental or physical ability, or any which way you represent yourself. We strongly believe diversity makes for more successful teams.