Netherlands, Noord-Holland, AmsterdamPeople & Culture
As we are a SaaS company with only restaurants as clients and foodies as staff, we decided to build our own restaurant. This is not only the place where we enjoy our lunch together as a team, but here we also get together to meet for coffee, eat some breakfast, have a quick snack, and celebrate. Over time our love of food has become the cornerstone of our company culture. But as we are growing ambitiously, the food and beverage department is not manageable anymore for just one person. We are currently looking for an extra all-round chef.
Formitable and the team
We are a bonded group of food enthusiasts, design fanatics, tech fans, and creative thinkers that try to challenge the status quo in the restaurant industry on a daily basis. We hope to do this while inspiring restaurateurs to take their restaurants’ experience to the next level and in their own hands. It’s not about where you come from or what beliefs you bring with you. It’s about sharing the same values as us and being in line with our vision, mission, and purpose. Together we push toward a brighter future for the restaurant industry.
This role sits within our People & Culture team - we’re a multidisciplinary team focussed on ensuring the happiness of our employees, made up of Talent Acquisition, Food & Beverage, and our Office team - led by our Head of People.
- Serve a daily restaurant-worthy lunch for 50+ people
- Working closely together with your peer Chef and People & Culture team for internal & external office events
- Propagate our 80/20 principle & zero waste policy
- Educating the team on food-related topics and trends
- Responsible for cleaning the kitchen and restaurant, as well as stocking drinks, breakfast, snacks, fresh fruit, and so on.
- Once a month you will serve breakfast on Friday
- Once a month you will complement our company drinks with tasty finger food
- Be a key player in our food-influenced culture!
- You have multiple years of experience as a chef in high-end restaurants
- You have a love for foreign cuisines and building diverse menus
- You have a hands-on mentality and love keeping a clean and tidy work environment
- You are flexible regarding working hours
- You speak English
- You have a growth mindset and would love to step out of your comfort zone
- You think of new initiatives for sustainability and continuously improve our food culture
- Available for 24-32 hours per week
What we offer
- A bright office in Amsterdam's Jordaan district, with a sun-drenched roof terrace and our own bar & restaurant
- 30 vacation days
- 20 unpaid leave days
- All the tools you need to be a high performer plus a €3000 annual training budget
- An annual restaurant budget and monthly well-being budget
- A free food tattoo of your choice
- A Swapfiets to bike around Amsterdam or commuting allowance
We are an equal opportunity company and we are committed to building a diverse team that feels welcome in our workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, age, mental or physical ability, or any which way you represent yourself. We strongly believe diversity makes for a more successful company.